Newsletter – March 2018

SRRPC Newsletter 03/24/2018

Savannah River Rifle and Pistol Club
P.O. Box 5337
Aiken, SC 29804

NRA # C7072 CMP # 037002

 

February 27, 2018 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:00PM by President Jim Samsel. Officers present were Jim Samsel, Chuck Novak, Roger Ward, Rick Fowler, Kevin Lilly and George Laverick. Two members were also present.

Minutes

Reading of the minutes of the January 23 meeting was waived.

Treasurer’s Report

The Treasurer’s report was given by Roger Ward. Current membership is 301.

Range Report

There were no RSO reports for January. The range is in generally good condition, and most members appear to be cleaning up after themselves. Damage to steel target supports well below the target was observed. Range usage during January was quite high. Water lines and electrical conduit have been installed to the rifle range.

Armorer’s Report

Kevin Lilly reported no change to the status of the Club’s firearms.

Old Business

Infrastructure: Chuck Novak will start searching for a weatherproof enclosure to house security equipment. Chuck requested a change to the membership cards to make them easily readable by security cameras. The possibility of putting sensors for gate cards was raised. George Laverick will look into it.

FONRA Banquet: The FONRA banquet is March 16 at the USCA Convocation Center. Tickets are still available.

New Business

RSO Training: There are now three NRA certified Chief Range Safety Officers in the club to train RSO’s. George Laverick, Chuck Novak, and Barry Brooks.

Camping Area: One of the Boy Scouts from Troop 432 would like to appear before the committee to present plans for building a permanent camping area on the right side of the driveway as his Eagle project. Chuck Novak moved that we give preliminary approval to fund the materials for the project up to $2000. The motion was approved.

Driveway: The driveway needs some touching up with ‘crush and run’, but it could probably be done in conjunction with the campsite construction to save cost. Chuck Novak will research the costs. The committee pre-approved doing the needed driveway maintenance.

Plate Rack: Some of the 2×12 baffles at the plate rack need replacing as does one of the railroad ties supporting the plate rack.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:31PM.

The next Executive Committee meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at the ADPS Indoor Range, 240 Dupont Drive, Aiken, SC. All members are encouraged to attend.

Respectfully,

George Laverick, Secretary